Stephens County Treasurer
101 S. 11th Room 207
Duncan Oklahoma 73533
Phone (580) 255-0728 Fax (580) 252-5950
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Re: June Resale Excess Proceeds
In regard to the claim of any currently held excess resale proceeds the following documents are required:
- Original Statutory Form for Limited Power of Attorney (form attached), to be used if owner is not claiming funds himself/herself. If wife or husband claims for property that is in both names on the tax roll, this must be completed by the one who will not be appearing in the office. If claim is being made by a third party on behalf of the property owner(s), this must be completed by all property owners;
- Original affidavit (form attached);
- Photocopy of Driver’s License for all parties involved (including the individual(s) entitled to the funds as well as the party being appointed to serve as their agent);
- Original executed IRS W-9 Form which includes current address and SSN of the property owner – this money is reported to the IRS as proceeds from the sale of real estate if the amount claimed is over $600.00; and
- Signature on Cash Voucher Claim form (form attached). Pertinent variable information will be completed by Treasurer’s office staff upon receipt of all required documents.
If you have any questions, or if we can be of further service to you, please contact our office.
Janice Graham, Stephens County Treasurer
AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIMANT
STATE OF _____________ )
COUNTY OF___________ )
I, the undersigned__________________________, of _________________________,
Being of legal age, do on my oath depose and state as follows:
- That I hereby swear under penalty of perjury that I am entitled to the excess proceeds from the tax resale property sold in the Stephens County 20__ Tax Resale. The said property being located in Stephens County, Oklahoma, Parcel#__________________________ and described as follows:
2. That I am hereby making a request for any and all excess proceeds from the said Tax Resale of said property and I also disclaim any further interest in and to said property and I also waive any lack of notice relating to the Tax Resale of the above described real property.
FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NOT.
Mail Check to:
Subscribed and sworn in person and before me, the undersigned Notary Public for the above named State and County, this ______ day of ______________, 20___.
Notary Public in and for aforesaid
County and State
Commission Expires: ___________________
STATUTORY FORM FOR LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY
I, the undersigned __________________________________, of
_________________________________________, do hereby appoint
______________________________________________, as my agent (attorney-in-fact)
to act for me in any lawful way with respect to the following:
- To claim any and all excess funds held for me by the Stephens County Treasurer in regard to the tax foreclosure sale of parcel#_______________________________,
Sold in the Stephens County 20___ Tax Resale, said excess funds being the amount of $______________________.
Legal Description of Real Property:
Giving and granting unto my said attorney-in-fact full authority and power to do and perform any and all other acts necessary or incident to the performance and execution of the powers herein expressly granted with power to do and perform acts authorized hereby; as fully to all intents and purposes as the Grantor might or could do if personally present. This Power of Attorney shall be limited to the express purpose(s) set forth above.
This Power of Attorney will cease twelve (12) months from the date hereof.
DATE: ______________ SIGNATURE: _______________________________
STATE OF______________ )
COUNTY OF____________ )
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO in person and before me, the undersigned Notary Public for the above-named State and County, this ______ day of ___________________, 20____.
Commission NO.: _______________________
Commission Expires: ____________________