- June 5, 2017 - Creation of Bryan County Treasurer's Delinquent Personal Tax Lien Docket, causing unpaid delinquent personal property taxes to become a lien on any and all property of a taxpayer.
- June 12, 2017 - Annual Auction of Real Properties with 2013 or earlier delinquent taxes. May have up to four years; some may have more, some may have less, but 2013 delinquencies are the "base" for this year's June Sale a/k/a Resale. RULES HAVE CHANGED! CASH ONLY! EACH PARCEL PAID FOR WHEN YOU WIN BID! YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE SALE TO GET YOUR MONEY TO PAY! SORRY THAT MOST OF YOU WHO DO THINGS CORRECTLY ARE NOW HAVING TO PAY THE PRICE FOR THOSE WHO NEVER COME BACK TO PAY!
- Last week of February, 2017 - THIS DATE IS APPROXIMATE!! - Second-half statements should be mailed to you. Second-half payments are due on or before March 31.
- April 3 - April 7, 2017 - delinquent personal property notices mailed.
- Months of March and/or April - Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested notices of the upcoming June Property Auction will be being mailed, as the research is completed on the parcels. The same notice will also be sent out in a regular postage envelope, since a large number of taxpayers do not pick up their Certified Mail envelope. Failure to pick up your Certified Mail is no excuse to have your property pulled from the sale.
May 2, 2017 - Annual publication of Delinquent 2017 Personal Property Taxes. Statutes require one publication.
May 16, May 23, May 30, & June 6, 2017 will be the required publication for the upcoming June Sale. THE SAME NOTICE IS PUBLISHED ALL FOUR TIMES. IF YOU WAIT TO PAY UNTIL AFTER THIS GOES TO THE NEWSPAPER, WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT PULL YOUR NAME--IT WILL STILL BE PUBLISHED ALL FOUR WEEKS.