Welcome to the Bryan County Treasurer website!
Hi! I'm Nancy Conner, and I've had the honor and pleasure of serving as your County Treasurer since July 1, 2007. I am revamping this page a little, to bring you more information in a more concise way. I hope you like the changes.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR YOU:
1. August Holiday Closings for this office: NONE
Please click this link -- Holidays -- for complete annual holiday schedule for Bryan County, set by our Board of County Commissioners.
2. Click "Payments" to see how, when & where you can pay your taxes.
3. 2016 Excess Funds list is on Excess Funds Information Page.
4. PUBLIC NOTICE: THIS OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, FOR ANNUAL COMPUTER SYSTEMS TRAINING IN NORMAN. WE WILL REOPEN THE NEXT MORNING AT 8:00 A.M.
5. Did you know that not paying your taxes on time is the equivalent of financing that amount of money at the rate of 18% per year until the penalty amount equals the total tax due? Not to mention the fees that are required to charge. This can quickly add up to several times what your base tax is. This is NOT good for your financial health.
AND-----If you think you are "putting one over on the government" you should know that not paying your taxes hurts the schools the most, and keeps money that has been budgeted from being collected. This can result in loss of services at schools, the health department, the ambulance service, and--yes--here at the county, also.
Timely payment helps everything flow as it should, and you can avoid being hit by large debt, etc. Think about it!! I bet you will agree!!
OUR POLICY FOR JUNE SALE PURCHASERS! Click to view
OUR POLICY FOR DELINQUENT TAXPAYERS! Click to view
OUR POLICY FOR CLAIMING EXCESS FUNDS! Go to the Excess Funds Information Page on this website.
Bryan County Treasurer
Robert L. Williams Courthouse Annex
323 W. Beech Street
Durant, Oklahoma 74701
Telephone: (580) 924-0748 Fax: (580) 924-3383
Normal Office Hours 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday***
***Normal Office Hours DO NOT apply on the County Holidays as set each year by the Board of County Commissioners, or during annual required training classes when all must be present.
Closings for annual required training classes will be posted on this site, and on the door of the Courthouse Annex Building two weeks in advance of the closing date(s).
TAXES BY LAW BECOME DELINQUENT JANUARY 1. TRADITIONALLY, THIS COUNTY HAS GRACE PERIOD FOR FULL PAYMENTS MADE ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 15 -- NO PENALTY. WE HONOR YOUR POSTMARK.