Welcome to the Bryan County Treasurer website!
Hi! I'm Nancy Conner, and I've had the honor and pleasure of serving as your County Treasurer since July 1, 2007. I am revamping this page a little, to bring you more information in a more concise way. I hope you like the changes.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR YOU:
1. October Holiday Closings for this office: 10th - Columbus Day
1a. November Holiday Closings for this office: 11th - Veterans Day with reopening Monday, November 14th; & 23rd at 12:00 noon through 25th for Thanksgiving with reopening after Thanksgiving Monday, November 28th.
1b. December Holiday Closings for this office: Monday & Tuesday, December 26 & 27, for Christmas holiday, with reopening December 28.
1c. New Year's Day this year will have us closed on Monday, January 2, 2017.
1d. ATTENTION LAST MINUTE TAXPAYERS!
Because the office will not be open on Saturday, December 31, 2016:
FIRST HALF TAXES will be accepted IN THE OFFICE ONLY ON TUESDAY JANUARY 3, 2017. Full payments IN THE OFFICE ONLY that day will also NOT be considered delinquent!!
Drop box payments, mail payments, and online payments must be made on or before December 31, 2016 to avoid being delinquent, since those avenues are open to you on December 31, 2016.
Please click this link -- Holidays -- for complete annual holiday schedule for Bryan County, set by our Board of County Commissioners.
2. Click "Payments" to see how, when & where you can pay your taxes.
3. 2016 Excess Funds list is on Excess Funds Information Page.
4. I am formally back at work now, for only a few hours per day, and will be working as I can. I am SO PROUD of my deputies and the way they have kept the office running! I want this to be a public thank you, and encourage any of you who were helped during the times I have been absent to thank them personally if you get a chance. God blessed me with good employees, and I could not run this office efficiently without them.
5. Did you know that not paying your taxes on time is the equivalent of financing that amount of money at the rate of 18% per year until the penalty amount equals the total tax due? Not to mention the fees that are required to charge. This can quickly add up to several times what your base tax is. This is NOT good for your financial health.
AND-----If you think you are "putting one over on the government" you should know that not paying your taxes hurts the schools the most, and keeps money that has been budgeted from being collected. This can result in loss of services at schools, the health department, the ambulance service, and--yes--here at the county, also.
Timely payment helps everything flow as it should, and you can avoid being hit by large debt, etc. Think about it!! I bet you will agree!!
OUR POLICY FOR JUNE SALE PURCHASERS! Click to view
OUR POLICY FOR DELINQUENT TAXPAYERS! Click to view
OUR POLICY FOR CLAIMING EXCESS FUNDS! Go to the Excess Funds Information Page on this website.
Bryan County Treasurer
Robert L. Williams Courthouse Annex
323 W. Beech Street
Durant, Oklahoma 74701
Telephone: (580) 924-0748 Fax: (580) 924-3383
Normal Office Hours 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday***
***Normal Office Hours DO NOT apply on the County Holidays as set each year by the Board of County Commissioners, or during annual required training classes when all must be present.
Closings for annual required training classes will be posted on this site, and on the door of the Courthouse Annex Building two weeks in advance of the closing date(s).
TAXES BY LAW BECOME DELINQUENT JANUARY 1. TRADITIONALLY, THIS COUNTY HAS GRACE PERIOD FOR FULL PAYMENTS MADE ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 15 -- NO PENALTY. WE HONOR YOUR POSTMARK.